Wednesday 18 August 1909
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
The Man in the Moon, directed by tienne Arnaud, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 August 1909!
Which were the important events of 18 August 1909 ?
- RC saints - Saint Helena of Constantinople,Saint Alberto Hurtado
- Buhe in the Ethiopian Orthodox Church
- John Koch: American painter, and an important figure in 20th century realist painting.
- Gerard Filion: French Canadian businessman and journalist (d. 2005).
- Gérard Filion: Canadian businessman and journalist (d. 2005).
- Miliza Korjus: Warsaw, Poland -- Actress (Great Waltz).
- Mayor of Tokyo Yukio Ozaki presents Washington, D.C. with 2,000 cherry trees, which President Taft decides to plant near the Potomac River.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1909 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Cousin Caruso - Billy Murray
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 18 August 1909 and get them!