Friday 28 April 1972
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jan Benda and Jean-Paul van.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Play It Again, Sam, directed by Herbert Ross, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Lotus Eaters.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 28 April 1972 ?
- Arbor Day - legal state holiday in Nebraska, USA.
- National Heroes Day - public holiday in Barbados in honor of men and women who played a significant role in the island nation's history, such as Sir Garfield Sobers.
- Peter Chanel
- Louis Marie Grignon of Montfort
- Saints Vitalis and Valeria
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saints Theodora and Didymus
- World Day for Safety and Health at Work, which developed from the Canadian observance.
- National Day of Mourning in Canada to commemorate workers killed, injured, or suffering illness due to occupational hazards and accidents.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jam�l (Beauty) - First day of the third month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Roman Empire - first day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Jan Benda: Reet, Belgium -- Hockey forward (Team Germany 1998).
- Jean-Paul van: Gastel; soccer player (Willem II).
- Michelle Menzies in Barrie: Ontario, Canada; Canadian ice pairs (1995, 1996 Canadian champions).
- Joseph Bruce: American musician (Insane Clown Posse).
- Sébastien Cauet: French TV host, humourist, and producer, occasional singer and imitator.
- Jody Driscoll: American homicide victim who was assaulted with an automobile by Edward Cherubin on 9/16/1990, c. 11:00 PM, Everett, WA. A pretty young 18-year-old, she called her mom from a phone booth and had just hung up when she got into a dispute with Cherubin. They exchanged words and a few shoves.
- Sergio Massa: Argentine Justicialist Party politician who served as Chief of the Cabinet of Ministers from July 2008 to July 2009.
- Anita Anand: English journalist and producer
- Violent J: American rapper producer wrestler and actor (Insane Clown Posse Dark Lotus and Psychopathic Rydas)
- Helena Tulve: Estonian composer
- Jean-Paul van Gastel: Dutch footballer and manager
- Courts awarded Kentucky Derby prize money to 2nd place winner because winner was given drugs before race
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
- Jackson Browne - Doctor My Eyes
- Al Green - Look What You Done For Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?