Saturday 15 April 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of April people in US were listening to The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face by Roberta Flack.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1972.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1972 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Melvin Johnson: NFL safety (Tampa Bay Buccaneers).
- Vickie Johnson: WNBA guard/forward (New York Liberty).
- Ronald Cherry: NFL tackle (Detroit Lions).
- Ricky Otero in Vega Baja: Puerto Rico; outfielder (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Peter Billingsley in New York City: New York; actor (Real People).
- Otto Brenner: German trade union leader, dies at age 64.
- Barbra Streisand, James Taylor, Carole King, and Quincy Jones perform at a benefit for George McGovern for President.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- The Stylistics - Betcha By Golly, Wow
- Aretha Franklin - Day Dreaming
- Sonny & Cher - A Cowboys Work Is Never Done
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?