Saturday 28 March 1942
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Ramey in Colby and Ava Astaire.
Jungle Book, directed by Zoltan Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 28 March 1942 ?
- Saint Sixtus III
- Slovakia, Czech Republic - Teachers' Day.
- Saint Castor
- Saint Gontram (died 592)
- Saint Malchus
- Saint Priscus
- Samuel Ramey in Colby: Kansas, USA; bass (La Scala).
- Ava Astaire: American noted family, the daughter of Fred Astaire and his wife, Phyllis Livingston Potter, their second child.
- Neil Kinnock: Welsh politician and leader of the Labour Party in Great Britain October 1983.
- Jerry Sloan: American basketball player and head coach.
- Michel Bissonnet: Canadian lawyer and politician.
- Daniel Dennett: American philosopher and academic
- Kitanofuji Katsuaki: Japanese sumo wrestler, the 52nd Yokozuna
- Mike Newell: English director and producer
- Samuel Ramey: American opera singer
- Conrad Schumann: East German border guard (d. 1998)
- British naval forces raid Nazi occupied French port of St. Nazaire
- Raid on lock / dock St. Nazaire
- World War II: In occupied France, British naval forces successfully raid the German-occupied port of St. Nazaire.
- April ndash Holocaust: the Nazi German extermination camp Sobibor opens in occupied Poland on the outskirts of the town of Sobibór. Between April 1942 and October 1943, at least 160,000 people are killed in the camp.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 March 1942
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?