Tuesday 17 March 1942, St. Patrick's Day
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Wayne Gacy Jr in Chicago and John Gacy.
Reap the Wild Wind, directed by Cecil B. De Mille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1942 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- John Wayne Gacy Jr in Chicago: Illinois, USA; serial killer (32 boys).
- John Gacy: American homicide; indicted on 1/13/1979 for the sadistic sexual assault and murder of 33 young men and boys, most of whom he buried in his cellar.
- Gen Doug MacArthur arrives in Australia to become Supreme Commander
- Belzec Concentration Camp opens-30,000 Lublin Polish Jews transported.
- US General Douglas MacArthur arrives in Australia to become supreme commander.
- Holocaust: The first Jews from the Lvov Ghetto are gassed at the Belzec death camp in what is today eastern Poland.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?