Monday 28 May 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include "Papa" John Creach and Pape John Creech.
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1917 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- "Papa" John Creach: Violinist.
- Pape John Creech: Rocker (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane).
- Papa John Creech: American fiddler (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna) (d. 1994).
- Gerald Cash: Governor-General (Bahamas).
- Robert Hampson: American business executive, executive with ford motor co.
- Marshall Reed: American character actor for many years; production manager on films. He died from a massive hemorrhage on April 15, 1980 in Los Angeles, CA.
- Barry Commoner: American biologist academic and politician (d. 2012)
- Papa Creach: American violinist (Jefferson Airplane Hot Tuna and The Dinosaurs) (d. 1994)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Van & Schenck
- John McCormack - The Star-Spangled Banner
- America - Louis Gravieure
- I'se Gwine Back to Dixie - Alma Gluck
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?