Monday 28 May 1917
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1917 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Papa John Creech: American fiddler (Jefferson Airplane, Hot Tuna) (d. 1994).
- Gerald Cash: Governor-General (Bahamas).
- Barry Commoner: American biologist academic and politician (d. 2012).
- Papa Creach: American violinist (Jefferson Airplane Hot Tuna and The Dinosaurs) (d. 1994).
- Robert Hampson: American business executive, executive with ford motor co.
- Marshall Reed: American character actor for many years; production manager on films. He died from a massive hemorrhage on April 15, 1980 in Los Angeles, CA.
- "Papa" John Creach: Violinist
- Pape John Creech: Rocker (Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Van & Schenck
- John McCormack - The Star-Spangled Banner
- America - Louis Gravieure
- I'se Gwine Back to Dixie - Alma Gluck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?