Wednesday 23 May 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1917 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Edward Norton Lorenz: American mathematician and meteorologist (d. 2008).
- Julia Diaz: Salvadoran painter, founder of the first art gallery in El Salvador.
- Edward Lorenz: American mathematician and meteorologist (Born 1917).
- Radcliffe Squires: American poet, author of seven books of poetry, as well as book-length critical studies.
- Paul Wade: American astrologer, early member of AFA.
- Henri Piatier: Bar le Duc Military man
- Dutch 2nd Chamber okays 1908 conscription draft
- A month of civil violence in Milan, Italy ends after the Italian army forcefully takes over the city from anarchists and anti-war revolutionaries. Fifty people are killed and 800 people are arrested.Seton-Watson, Christopher. 1967. Italy from Liberalism to Fascism: 1870 to 1925. London: Methuen amp Co. Ltd. Pp. 468–9
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Let's All be Americans Now - American Quartet
- America, Here's My Boy - Peerless Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Gene Greene & Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?