Wednesday 23 May 1917
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 May 1917!
Which were the important events of 23 May 1917 ?
- World Turtle Day
- Saint Desiderius
- Saint Guibert of Gemblours
- Saint Montana
- Bah�'f Faith: Declaration of the B�b
- Discordianism: Day of Disunity
- Edward Norton Lorenz: American mathematician and meteorologist (d. 2008).
- Julia Diaz: Salvadoran painter, founder of the first art gallery in El Salvador.
- Edward Lorenz: American mathematician and meteorologist (Born 1917).
- Radcliffe Squires: American poet, author of seven books of poetry, as well as book-length critical studies.
- Paul Wade: American astrologer, early member of AFA.
- Henri Piatier: Bar le Duc Military man
- Dutch 2nd Chamber okays 1908 conscription draft
- A month of civil violence in Milan, Italy ends after the Italian army forcefully takes over the city from anarchists and anti-war revolutionaries. Fifty people are killed and 800 people are arrested.Seton-Watson, Christopher. 1967. Italy from Liberalism to Fascism: 1870 to 1925. London: Methuen amp Co. Ltd. Pp. 468–9
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1917 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- America, Here's My Boy - Peerless Quartet
- From Here to Shanghai - Gene Greene & Peerless Quartet
- Let's All be Americans Now - American Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1917?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?