Wednesday 29 April 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
The Robber's Sweetheart, directed by Viggo Larsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1908!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1908 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Jack Williamson: American writer, noted as being the pioneer writer of sci-fi as a legitimate academic subject.
- Jack [Stewart] Williamson US: sci-fi author (Firechild, Golden Blood, Cometeers).
- Philippe Brun: jazz trumpeter.
- Louis Allais: Chalons sur Marne Military man.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1908 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- I've Got a Tickling Sensation 'Round My Heart for You - Bob Roberts
- I'm Looking for the Man That Wrote the Merry Widow Waltz - Billy Murray
- One Sweet Little girl - Harry Macdonough
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in April 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?