Wednesday 29 April 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony "Lonnie" Donegan in Glasgow and Aleksei Aleksandrovich Gubarev in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 17.
Drácula, directed by George Melford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1931!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1931 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Anthony "Lonnie" Donegan in Glasgow: Scotland; skiffle vocalist/guitarist ("Does Your Chewing Gum Lose Its Flavor On The Bedpost Overnight?") (dies 2002).
- Aleksei Aleksandrovich Gubarev in USSR cosmonaut (Soyuz 17: 28).
- William Ball: American stage actor, theater director and producer.
- Lonnie Donegan: Scottish singer, rhythm-based banjo and guitar player, he put out 17 top ten hits, including three No.
- Frank Auerbach: German-English painter and academic.
- Chris Pearson: Canadian politician 1st Premier of Yukon (d. 2014)
- Cleveland Indians' Wes Ferrell no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 9-0.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?