Wednesday 15 April 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
City Streets, directed by Rouben Mamoulian, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 April 1931!
Which were the important events of 15 April 1931 ?
- Major League Baseball celebrates "Jackie Robinson Day" each April 15 in all MLB ballparks.
- Saint Paternus
- Saint Petrus Gonzalez
- In the United States, April 15 is the official deadline for filing tax returns: all forms mailed to the IRS must be postmarked no later than this day, so many post offices across the country stay open until midnight to accommodate procrastinators (or those who owe tax and want to wait as late as possible to pay). (If this day falls on the weekend, as in 2006, the following Monday becomes the deadline. Additionally in 2006, Patriot's Day moved the tax deadline to Tuesday, April 18, for those in
- Father Damien Day ? celebrated annually in Hawai'i.
- Arirang Festival is held in North Korea to commemorate Kim Il-sung's birth.
- Saint Hunna.
- Saint Basilissa
- Blessed Waltman of Antwerp
- Ancient Latvia ? Tipsa Diena was observed.
- Roman Empire ? the Fordicia was celebrated in honor of Terra.
- Florian Zabach in Chicago: Illinois, USA; violinist ("Hot Canary", "Club Embassy").
- Delores Cannon: American hypnotherapist and past-life regressionist, author and lecturer.
- Sally Gearhart: American teacher, feminist, science fiction writer, and political activist.
- Tomas Transtromer: Swedish poet, psychologist and translator.
- Pierre Vaneck: Vietnam-born Belgian actor, he made his stage debut in 1952 and his film debut in 1954 followed by the 1955 film entitled "Marianne de Ma Jeunesse" (Maryann of My Youth").
- Kenneth Bloomfield: BBC governor (Ireland).
- Tomas Tranströmer: Swedish psychologist poet and translator Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2015)
- 1st walk across American backwards begins
- The Castellemmarese War ends with the assassination of Joe "The Boss" Masseria, briefly leaving Salvatore Maranzano as capo di tutti i capi ("boss of all bosses") and undisputed ruler of the American Mafia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1931 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Somebody Loves You - Ted Lewis & His Band
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?