Thursday 29 September 1927
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Adhemar Ferreira da Silva and Paul McCloskey.
The Jazz Singer, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1927
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1927!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1927 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Adhemar Ferreira da Silva: Brazil -- Triple jumper (1952, 56 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Paul McCloskey: American politician (Senator-Republican-California).
- Pete McCloskey: American politician, a maverick Republican who opposed Nixon in the 1972 presidential primaries.
- Jean Miller: American psychiatrist, professor and author of many books stemming from her interest in women's psychology.
- Paul Mc: San Bernardino Politician.
- Adhemar da Silva: Brazilian triple jumper and actor (d. 2001)
- Sherwood Johnston: American race car driver (d. 2000)
- Barbara Mertz: American historian and author (d. 2013)
- Telephone service begins between US and Mexico
- Tornado strikes St. Louis Missouri, 85 die
- Babe Ruth ties Major League Baseball record by hitting grand slams in consecutive games.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?