Friday 29 September 1967
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dave Silvestri and Brett Anderson.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Letter by The Box Tops.
In UK The Last Waltz by Engelbert Humperdinck was in the top 5 hits.
Samurai Rebellion, directed by Masaki Kobayashi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while Night Falls On The City by Sarah Gainham was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Urutora sebun.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1967!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1967 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Dave Silvestri: St. Louis, Missouri -- Infielder (New York Yankees, Montreal Expos).
- Brett Anderson: English singer-songwriter (Suede and The Tears).
- Gladys Knight and Pips releases I Heard it Through the Grapevine
- International Monetary Fund reforms world monetary system
- Mickey Hart joins the Grateful Dead and plays the Straightater
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Box Tops - The Letter
- Bobbie Gentry - Ode To Billie Joe
- The Association - Never My Love
- Bobby Vee - Come Back When You Grow Up
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Reflections
- Jay and the Techniques - Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie
- Jackie Wilson - (Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher And Higher
- Wilson Pickett - Funky Broadway
- Peter, Paul and Mary - I Dig Rock And Roll Music
- Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?