Saturday 29 September 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Blithe Spirit, directed by David Lean, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 29 September 1945 ?
- Argentina, Inventor's Day - L�szl= J=zsef Bfr='s birthday.
- England, Ireland - One of the four Quarter days in the Irish calendar
- Also see September 29 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Michaelmas - Christian feast of the Archangels St. Michael, St. Gabriel, and St. Raphael
- French Republican Calendar - Amarante (Amaranth) Day, eighth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Kyriacos Sfetsas: Composer.
- Nadezhda Chizova: USSR -- Shot putter (1968, 72, 76 Olympics - Gold / Silver / Bronze Medals).
- Sarah Tyacke: Keeper of British Public Records.
- Tatiana Tauer: Harpist.
- Christian Grandin: French auctioneer, the younger brother of the pop singer Franck Alamo.
- Kyriakos Sfetsas: Greek composer and poet
- Cubs clinch NL pennant
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- It's Only a Paper Moon - Benny Goodman & His Orchestra (Vocal Dottie Reid)
- Lily Belle - Freddy Martin & His Orchestra
- The Blond Sailor - Andrews Sisters
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?