Saturday 30 August 2003
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
Love Me If You Dare, directed by Yann Samuell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Seabiscuit: An American Legend by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 30 August 2003 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
Famous Birthdays:30 August
- Donald Davidson: American philosopher and academic (d. 2003).
- Software patents: After protests, the European Parliament has postponed its decision about legality of patents on software in the European Union from September 1 to September 22.
- WTO deal to allow poor countries to bypass drug patents and import cheap copies to treat AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis.
- Natural disaster: French official first report from the Institut de Veille Sanitaire was presented to Jean-François Mattei (Health Minister). It reports 11,500 more deaths than the previous three years would be due to the heat wave of early August. It had previously been suggested that the number was 3,000.
- Russian nuclear submarine of K-159 November class sinks in the Barents Sea. The sub was decommissioned and it had 10 crew on board. The incident comes three years after Russia's worst peacetime naval disaster when all 118 crew of the nuclear submarine Kursk died when it sank in the Barents Sea on August 12, 2000. Environmental organizations say that the submarine could be dangerous for fishes, because radioactive material could leak to the sea from its two nuclear reactors.
- August 30, 2003 – Top fashion designer Stella McCartney, third daughter of former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney marries publisher Alasdhair Willis in a private Roman Catholic chapel at Mount Stuart House, the stately home of the Marquess of Bute.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 30 August 2003 and get them!
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?