Tuesday 1 April 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arnaud Boetsch in Meulam and Kevin Dean in Madison.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Dizzy by Tommy Roe.
In UK Where Do You Go To (My Lovely) by Peter Sarstedt was in the top 5 hits.
Support Your Local Sheriff!, directed by Burt Kennedy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Vines Of Yarrabee by Dorothy Eden was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sumorna jesen.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 1 April 1969 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- Arnaud Boetsch in Meulam: France; tennis star (1985 European Junior).
- Kevin Dean in Madison: Wisconsin, USA; NHL defenseman (New Jersey Devils).
- Frank Castillo in El Paso: Texas, USA; pitcher (Chicago Cubs).
- John Forest: soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles).
- Andrew Vlahov Australian basketball forward (Olympics-1988: 1992, 1996).
- Traci Lin-Tavi in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Ryan's Hope, F/X, Fright Night 2).
- Arnaud Boetsch: French professional tennis player since 1987, European Champion and Winner of Orange Bowl in 1985. He was a three-time winner: Rosmalen, Toulouse, 1993, Toulouse, 1995 and a six-time finalist: Berlin, 1991, Bolzano, 1992, Marseille and Ostrava, 1994, Adelaide and Stockholm 1995.
- Frank Castillo: American pro baseball pitcher who was selected right out of high school in the sixth round draft pick as a free agent by the Chicago Cubs 6/02/1987. Playing for the Cubs, he was placed on the disabled list off-and-on in 1988, 1991 and 1994. He was traded by the Cubs to the Colorado Rockies 7/15/1997, granted free agency in October and signed with the Detroit Lions 12/11/1997.
- Lev Lobodin: Ukrainian-Russian decathlete
- Fadl Shaker: Lebanese singer
- Dean Windass: English footballer and manager
- Helena Rubinstein: American cosmetic manufacturer, dies at about age 89.
- Seattle Pilots trade minor league outfielder Lou Piniella to Kansas City Royals.
- Royal Canadian Mint formally forms as a Crown Corporation.
- The Hawker Siddeley Harrier enters service with the Royal Air Force.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Temptations - Run Away Child, Running Wild
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Classics IV - Traces
- David Ruffin - My Whole World Ended (The Moment You Left Me)
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?