Thursday 17 April 1969
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Alexander McQueen .
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures) by The 5th Dimension.
In UK The Israelites by Desmond Dekker & The Aces was in the top 5 hits.
Teorema, directed by Pier Paolo Pasolini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while Miss Craig'S 21-Day Shape-Up Program For Men And Women by Marjorie Craig was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 April 1969!
Which were the important events of 17 April 1969 ?
- Pope Anicetus (died 166)
- Saint Gerwin of Oudenburg (d. 1117)
- Saint Landricus
- Blessed Radboud of Louvain (d.1142)
- Saint Stephen Harding (d. 1134)
- Bernadette Devlin elected to British House of Commons.
- The Band (formerly The Hawks), perform their first concert.
- Sirhan Sirhan is convicted of assassinating US Senator Robert F Kennedy.
- Czechoslovakian Communist Party chairman Alexander Dubcek is deposed.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The 5th Dimension - Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In (The Flesh Failures)
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - You've Made Me So Very Happy
- The Isley Brothers - It's Your Thing
- Jerry Butler - Only The Strong Survive
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
- Glen Campbell - Galveston
- The Cowsills - Hair
- Edwin Starr - Twenty-Five Miles
- The Zombies - Time Of The Season
- Steppenwolf - Rock Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?