Saturday 1 April 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include François Even and Kenny Gales.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Without You by Nilsson was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Tracy And Hepburn by Garson Kanin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Second.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 April 1972!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 April 1972 ?
- Saint Waleric
- Saint Hugh of Grenoble
- Orissa - a state in eastern India celebrates "Utkal Divas", its statehood day.
- India - Start of financial year.
- Canada - Beginning of government's fiscal year.
- Japan - The official start of school years in most universities and schools. Also, the official First Day of Work at companies and offices for new university graduates hires, marked by welcoming ceremonies and speeches.
- April 1 is known as April Fool's Day or All Fools' Day in many countries.
- Roman Empire - Veneralia celebrated to honor Venus.
- In San Marino, two Captains Regent, elected by Parliament, take office for six months.
- Last day of the Assyrian New Year Celebration
- Saint Jacoba
- International Day of the Birds.
- In England and Wales, local government reorganisations traditionally happen on April 1.
- Brielle celebrates victory of 1572 over Spaniards.
- Pigasus Award announcement.
- François Even
- Kenny Gales: NFL / WLAF cornerback (Chicago Bears, Barcelona Dragons).
- Albert Hughes: American film director.
- Allen Hughes: American film director.
- Darren McCarty: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Jesse Tobias: American guitarist and songwriter (Red Hot Chili Peppers and Splendid).
- Major league baseball players stage first collective strike.
- 30,000 attend Mar Y Sol rock concert, Vega Baja, Puerto Rico.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Nilsson - Without You
- The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?