Saturday 8 April 1972
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Damon Watts and Katrina Powell in Canberra.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while Tracy And Hepburn by Garson Kanin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleinstadtbahnhof.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 8 April 1972 ?
- Saint Constance
- Buddha's Birthday in Japan
- Saint Walter of Pontoise (died 1099)
- Saint Julie Billiart of Namur (died 1816).
- Damon Watts: NFL center (Indianapolis Colts).
- Katrina Powell in Canberra: Australia; field hockey striker (Olympics-1996).
- Isaac Davis: NFL guard (San Diego Chargers).
- Sung Kang: Movie Actor.
- Paul Gray: American bassist (Slipknot) (Born 1972).
- Sergei Magnitsky: Russian lawyer and accountant (d. 2009)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?