Sunday 2 April 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Graham Hood and Traci Braxton.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Second.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Empire or Hunt the Wumpus.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 2 April 1972 ?
- JP and Trang in Valleyfair
- Saint Franciscus of Paola (+1507)
- Blessed Arnold of Leuven
- International Children's Book Day
- Saint Genoveva of Brabant (+1760)
- Malvinas Day in Argentina.
- Sizdah be dar in Iran
- Graham Hood: Winnipeg, Manitoba -- 1.5k runner (1992, 96 Olympics - 9th Place).
- Traci Braxton: Reality Star.
- Remo D'Souza: Indian choreographer and dancer.
- Calvin Davis: American sprinter and hurdler.
- Stephen Saux: American actor.
- Chico Slimani: Moroccan-British singer
- Franz Halder: German military, the Nazi Chief of the General Staff from 1938-42.
- Gil Hodges: American baseball player and manager who was the slugging star of the outstanding teams assembled by the Brooklyn Dodgers between 1947-1957.
- Toshitsugu Takamatsu: Japanese martial artist and educator (d. 1972).
- 44th Academy Awards - French Connection, Gene Hackman and Jane Fonda win.
- Prime Minister Begin visits Cairo
- Actor Charlie Chaplin returns to the United States for the first time since being labeled a communist during the Red Scare in the early 1950s.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 April 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Nilsson - Without You
- The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?