Sunday 9 April 1972
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Brian DeMarco and Karen Clark in Calgary.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to A Horse With No Name by America.
In UK Amazing Grace by Pipes & Drums & The Military Band Of The Royal Scots Dragoon Guard was in the top 5 hits.
Mark of the Devil, directed by Michael Armstrong, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1972
while The Winds Of War by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Kleinstadtbahnhof.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hunt the Wumpus or Pong.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1972!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1972 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Brian DeMarco: NFL tackle (Jacksonville Jaguars).
- Karen Clark in Calgary: Alberta, Canada; synchronized swimmer (Olympics-silver-1996).
- Jeffrey van: As; soccer player (MVV).
- Craig Jones: Australian rower (Olympics-1996).
- Bernard Ackah: German-Japanese martial artist and kick-boxer.
- Sugar opens at Majestic Theater NYC for 506 performances
- USSR and Iraq sign friendship treaty.
- 36th Golf Masters Championship: Jack Nicklaus wins, shooting a 286.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 April 1972
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1972 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- America - A Horse With No Name
- Neil Young - Heart Of Gold
- Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face
- Joe Tex - I Gotcha
- Michael Jackson - Rockin' Robin
- Donny Osmond - Puppy Love
- Paul Simon - Mother And Child Reunion
- The Chakachas - Jungle Fever
- The Dramatics - In The Rain
- Robert John - The Lion Sleeps Tonight (Wimoweh) (Mbube)
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?