Sunday 1 December 1968
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Britton and Justin Chadwick.
In that special week of December people in US were listening to Love Child by Diana Ross and the Supremes.
In UK Lily The Pink by The Scaffold was in the top 5 hits.
Skidoo, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching TV Bukvar.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 December 1968!
Which were the important events of 1 December 1968 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Barbes Diena observed
- Feast day of St Eligius
- Romania - Union Day (the national holiday)
- Angola's Pioneers' Day
- World AIDS Day
- Portugal - Restoration of Independence Day: on December 1, 1640, Portugal regains its independence from Spain and Jopo IV of Portugal becomes king.
- Eddie Britton: wide receiver (Baltimore Ravens).
- Justin Chadwick: English actor and director.
- Anders Holmertz: Swedish free-style swimmer (world record 400 metre).
- Promises Promises opens at Shubert Theater NYC for 1281 performances
- Pirate Radio Modern (259) (England) begins transmitting
- Gonzalo Barrios elected President of Venezuela.
- Peggy Wilson wins LPGA Hollywood Lakes Golf Open.
- Burt Bacharach's and Hal David's musical Promises Promises opens at Shubert Theater in New York City for 1281 performances.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 December 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Diana Ross and the Supremes - Love Child
- The Beatles - Hey Jude
- Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
- Mary Hopkin - Those Were The Days
- Dion - Abraham, Martin And John
- Johnnie Taylor - Who's Making Love
- Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
- Glen Campbell - Wichita Lineman
- Johnny Nash - Hold Me Tight
- Cream - White Room
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?