Saturday 1 February 1964
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dwayne Rudolph Goettel and Kaitlin Hopkins in New York City.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Glad All Over by Dave Clark Five was in the top 5 hits.
The Silence, directed by Ingmar Bergman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while Security Is A Thumb And A Blanket by Charles M. Schulz was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 February 1964 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Dwayne Rudolph Goettel: Musician.
- Kaitlin Hopkins in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Kelsey - Another World).
- Sharon Bruneau: Toronto, Ontario -- Actress (Sensuous Muscle).
- Kiriko Isono: Japanese comedian entertainer and actress.
- Jani Lane: American singer-songwriter (Warrant) (d. 2011).
- Mario Pelchat: Canadian singer-songwriter
- Bugge Wesseltoft: Norwegian pianist and record producer (Jazzland Recordings)
- Linus Roache: English actor
- Stop the World, I Want to... closes at Shubert NYC after 556 performances
- Suriname River dammed.
- Indiana Governor Mathew Walsh tries to ban "Louie Louie" for obscenity.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- The Trashmen - Surfin' Bird
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- The Kingsmen - Louie Louie
- Bobby Vinton - There! I've Said It Again
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Rick Nelson - For You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?