Sunday 1 February 2004
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Hey Ya! by OutKast.
In UK Mad World by Michael Andrews featuring Gary Jules was in the top 5 hits.
The Butterfly Effect, directed by Eric Bress, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2004
while Emma'S Secret by Barbara Taylor Bradford was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Cheap Seats: Without Ron Parker.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bad Boys: Miami Takedown or Beyond Divinity.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 2004!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 February 2004 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 February
- May O'Donnell: American modern dancer and choreographer (Born 1909).
- Janet Jackson's breast is exposed during the half-time show of Super Bowl XXXVIII, resulting in US broadcasters adopting a stronger adherence to Federal Communications Commission censorship guidelines.
- 251 people are trampled to death and 244 injured in a stampede at the Hajj pilgrimage in Saudi Arabia.
- A team composed of Russian scientists at the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research in Dubna and American scientists at the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory report on the discovery of two new transuranium (superheavy) chemical elements with very high atomic masses. From the international convention governing the periodic table, element 113 is given the temporary name Ununtrium (atomic symbol Uut) and element 115 is designated Ununpentium (Uup). The discovery is later confirmed.
- Over one hundred members of the Majlis of Iran resign in protest after the Guardian Council disqualifies thousands of reformist and independent candidates for parliament, including sitting MPs seeking reelection.
- Abdul Qadeer Khan, founder of Pakistan's nuclear weapons program, is removed from his post as a special science and technology adviser to Prime Minister Pervez Musharraf after Khan, three other scientists and three low-level Pakistan Army officers are investigated in connection with the sharing of Pakistani nuclear technology with Iran, Libya and other countries in the late 1980s and early 1990s.
- Incidents during the Hajj: 244 Muslim pilgrims are trampled to death during the ritual of the stoning of the devil at the Hajj (annual pilgrimage to Mecca).
- Iraq: At least 56 are killed and over 200 injured when two suicide bombers hit the offices of the Kurdistan Democratic Party (KDP) and the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan in Arbil, north of Baghdad. Hundreds had gathered at the party offices for the start of Eid al-Adha.
- The European Union and the United States file documents with the International Court of Justice opposing the court's decision to deliberate on the Israeli West Bank barrier.
- The new Minatomirai Line subway opens in Yokohama, Japan.
- The first Ghan passenger train across Australia from Adelaide to Darwin sets off on its three-day journey.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2004 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 February 2004
Serie AItalian Football
- Ancona - Lecce : 0 - 2
- Bologna - Milan : 0 - 2
- Inter - Siena : 4 - 0
- Juventus - Chievo : 1 - 0
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Cercle Brugge - Charleroi : 3 - 2
- Lierse - Mouscron : 2 - 2
- St Truiden - Anderlecht : 1 - 3
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Leverkusen : 1 - 0
- Hannover - Hamburg : 3 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Ein Trier - Cottbus : 2 - 0
- Nurnberg - Karlsruhe : 2 - 0
- Osnabruck - Ahlen : 1 - 2
- Regensburg - Erzgebirge Aue : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?