Monday 10 February 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Glenn Beck and Francesca Neri.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fire Within, directed by Louis Malle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while My Years With General Motors by Alfred P. Sloan was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Einer wird gewinnen.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 February 1964!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 10 February 1964 ?
- Catholicism - Saint Scholastica; World Marriage Day.
- Malta - St. Paul's Shipwreck day. Catholicism in Malta.
- Saint Silvanus
- Saint Charalampe
- Saint Austreberta
- Blessed Arnaud
- Blessed Hugo (d. 1164)
- Italy - National Memorial Day of the Exiles and Foibe to commemorate Italian Istrian and Dalmatian exiliee and Foibe massacres.
- Glenn Beck: American talk-show host, with ultra conservative political views and emotive, sometimes histrionic style.
- Francesca Neri: Trento, Italy -- Actress (Ages of Lulu).
- Roger Reijners: soccer player (MVV).
- Arthur Lenk: Israeli diplomat.
- Victor Davis: Canadian swimmer (Born 1964).
- Mir Aimal Kansi in Quetta: Pakistan; murderer (FBI Most Wanted).
- Sam Graddy in Gaffney: South Carolina, USA; 4x100 metre runner (Olympics-gold-1984).
- Eugen Sanger: Austrian aerospace engineer (Born 1905).
- Australian destroyer Voyager sinks in collision, killing 82
- Destroyer Voyager sinks off Australia after colliding with aircraft carrier Melbourne
- WBGU TV channel 27 in Bowling Green, OH (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Melbourne-Voyager collision: The aircraft carrier HMAS Melbourne collides with the destroyer HMAS Voyager off the south coast of New South Wales, Australia.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Rip Chords - Hey Little Cobra
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
- Rick Nelson - For You
- The Marketts - Out Of Limits
- Dionne Warwick - Anyone Who Had A Heart
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Tams - What Kind Of Fool (Do You Think I Am)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?