Monday 1 February 1965
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Princess Stephanie of Monaco and Brandon Lee.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' by The Righteous Brothers.
Red Desert, directed by Michelangelo Antonioni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while The Explorer by Frances Parkinson Keyes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The American Sportsman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 1965!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 1 February 1965 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
- Princess Stephanie of Monaco
- Brandon Lee: American actor and noted family, the son of martial arts star Bruce Lee.
- Sherilyn Fenn: American actress.
- Brandon Lee in Emerson: Colorado, USA; actor (Showdown in Little Tokyo).
- Stephanie Marie Elisabeth de Grimaldi in Monte Carlo: Monaco; Princess.
- Stéphanie : Monaco noted family and daughter of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- Tom Ziglar: American businessman and motivational speaker, the CEO of The Zig Ziglar Corporation and Ziglar, Inc.
- Stephanie Of Monaco: Royalty.
- Sherilyn Fenn in Detroit: Michigan, USA; actress (Two Moon Junction, Twin Peaks).
- Princess Stephanie: of Monaco.
- Dutch Queen Juliana opens Brienenoord Bridge in Rotterdam
- NL adopts emergency team replacement plan to restock any club struck by disaster
- Martin Luther King Jr and 700 demonstrators arrested in Selma, Alabama.
- The Hamilton River in Labrador, Canada is renamed the Churchill River in honour of Winston Churchill.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Righteous Brothers - You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'
- Petula Clark - Downtown
- Shirley Ellis - The Name Game
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - This Diamond Ring
- Joe Tex - Hold What You've Got
- The Searchers - Love Potion Number Nine
- The Kinks - All Day And All Of The Night
- The Temptations - My Girl
- Marvin Gaye - How Sweet It Is (To Be Loved By You)
- Sam Cooke - Shake
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?