Tuesday February 01, 2005
US date format: 2/1/2005, UK date format: 1/2/2005
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 2005). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Let Me Love You by Mario.
In UK Like Toy Soldiers by Eminem was in the top 5 hits.
Constantine, directed by Francis Lawrence, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2005
while The Plot Against America by Philip Roth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tilt.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Advance Wars: Dual Strike or Brave: The Search for Spirit Dancer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 2005?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- King Gyanendra of Nepal carries out a coup d'etat to capture the democracy, becoming Chairman of the Councils of ministers.
- Pope John Paul II is taken to a hospital suffering from a serious case of influenza.
- The Palestinian Authority arrests a Palestinian man who had been shooting in the air, on suspicion that he had killed a Palestinian girl the day before. The original shooting sparked Palestinian accusations that the girl had been shot by Israeli soldiers, and Hamas fired mortars at Israeli settlements in response. (Jerusalem Post) (Reuters)
- The Attorney General of Israel, Meni Mazuz, tells the government to call an immediate halt to confiscating Palestinian property in East Jerusalem under a 1950 land law. The legislation entitles Israel to take Arab-owned land, and Mr Mazuz described it as illegal. (BBC) (Al Jazeera)
- See more
- John Vernon: Canada -- Actor (Animal House, Chained...
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 2005?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mario - Let Me Love You
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Usher & Ludacris - Lovers And Friends
- Destiny's Child Featuring T.I. & Lil Wayne - Soldier
- The Game Featuring 50 Cent - How We Do
- Ciara Featuring Missy Elliott - 1, 2 Step
- T.I. - Bring Em Out
- 50 Cent - Disco Inferno
- Snoop Dogg Featuring Pharrell - Drop It Like It's Hot
- Lloyd Banks Featuring Avant - Karma
- Fantasia - Truth Is
Sport Games on February 01, 2005
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- Bastia - Lyon : 1 - 1
League 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Chesterfield - Hull : 1 - 1
- Stockport - Bournemouth : 2 - 2
League 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Chester - Cheltenham : 0 - 3
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Arsenal - Man United : 2 - 4
- Bolton - Tottenham : 3 - 1
- Charlton - Liverpool : 1 - 2
- Portsmouth - Middlesbrough : 2 - 1
- West Brom - Crystal Palace : 2 - 2
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Days to next February 01If February 01, 2005 is your birthday you're 15 years, 8 months, 30 days old and you'll celebrate your next birthday in 3 months, 1 day.
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2005?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $51.98
- Apple AAPL: opens at $77.05
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $26.25
- General Electric GE: opens at $36.00
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $93.67
- 1 USD = 103.61 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.236 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.1905 CHF
- 1 EUR = 135.24 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6928 GBP
Frequently Asked Questions
What day of the week was on February 01, 2005?
On February 01, 2005 the day of the week was Tuesday.
What zodiac sign is February 01, 2005?
On February 01, 2005 the zodiac sign was Aquarius.
Who was the US President on February 01, 2005?
On February 01, 2005 the US President was George W. Bush (Republican).
Who was the UK Prime Minister on February 01, 2005?
On February 01, 2005 the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour).
Who was the Pope on February 01, 2005?
On February 01, 2005 Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Which famous people died on February 01, 2005?
Famous people died on February 01, 2005 include, John Vernon.
What was the number one song in February 01, 2005?
The number one song in the week of February 01, 2005 was Let Me Love You by Mario in US and Like Toy Soldiers by Eminem in UK.
What were the top hits on February 01, 2005?
The top hits on February 01, 2005 were Let Me Love You by Mario, 1, 2 Step by Ciara, Lovers And Friends by Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz in US and Like Toy Soldiers by Eminem, Only U by Ashanti, Get Right by Jennifer Lopez in UK.