Wednesday February 01, 2006
US date format: 2/1/2006, UK date format: 1/2/2006
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 2006). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Check On It by Beyonce.
In UK Nasty Girl by The Notorious BIG featuring Diddy, Nelly, Jagged Edge & Avery Storm was in the top 5 hits.
Snow Cake, directed by Marc Evans, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2006
while At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Chaser's War on Everything.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing A-VCS-tec Challenge or Anno 1701.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 2006?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- UAL Corporation, United Airlines' parent company, emerges from bankruptcy after being in that position since December 9, 2002, the longest such filing in history.
- In Calgary, Alberta, Canada, an exceptionally bright meteor is seen streaking across the sky, lasting for several seconds before breaking up into fragments. It is estimated that remnants of the meteorite land about 400 km south of Calgary, in Montana, USA.
- Governor of West Virginia Joe Manchin asks for a halt in coal mining following two more coal mining deaths in the state that saw fourteen people die in coal mining disasters in January. (CNN).
- More than 200 Israeli settlers and Israeli Security Forces are injured when the Security Forces brutally beat the settlers of the Amona outpost in the West Bank. (Haaretz)
- See more
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 2006?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Mary J. Blige - Be Without You
- Jamie Foxx Featuring Ludacris - Unpredictable
- Nelly Featuring Paul Wall, Ali & Gipp - Grillz
- Ne-Yo - So Sick
- Beyonce Featuring Slim Thug - Check On It
- Mariah Carey - Don't Forget About Us
- Chris Brown - Yo (Excuse Me Miss)
- Dem Franchize Boyz Featuring Jermaine Dupri, Da Brat & Bow Wow - I Think They Like Me
- Purple Ribbon All-Stars - Kryptonite (I'm On It)
- Busta Rhymes - Touch It
Sport Games on February 01, 2006
Le ChampionnatFootball (France)
- St Etienne - Toulouse : 1 - 3
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Derby - Sheffield United : 0 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Arsenal - West Ham : 2 - 3
- Aston Villa - Chelsea : 1 - 1
- Blackburn - Man United : 4 - 3
- Liverpool - Birmingham : 1 - 1
- Man City - Newcastle : 3 - 0
Ethniki KatigoriaFootball (Greece)
- Levadeiakos - Kalamaria : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- How Bernanke Could Outshine Greenspan What the country is missing right now is a public figure who can come up with some solutions regarding global trade. [..]
- See all financial news of February 01, 2006
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $62.77
- Apple AAPL: opens at $75.00
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $27.95
- General Electric GE: opens at $32.66
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $80.90
- 1 USD = 117.99 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.1412 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.2889 CHF
- 1 USD = 8.062 CNY
- 1 EUR = 142.36 JPY