Thursday 1 February 2007US date format: 2/1/2007, UK date format: 1/2/2007
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on February 1, 2007). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Irreplaceable by Beyonce.
In UK Grace Kelly by Mika was in the top 5 hits.
Goal II: Living the Dream, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Born On A Blue Day by Daniel Tammet was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Parental Guidance.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Milon's Secret Castle or Professor Layton.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 February 2007
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 February 2007 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 February
- ''Harry Potter'' author J. K. Rowling announces the release date for her book, ''Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows'', the final installment in the ''Potter'' series to be 21 July 2007. (J.K.Rowling Official Site)
- The French government has banned the smoking of cigarettes in all public places. (ABC News) (wikinews)
- British Prime Minister, Tony Blair, questioned for a second time in Scotland Yard's 'Cash for peerages' probe. Calls for an early departure for Blair increase.
- 36 people are killed in clashes between Bundu dia Kongo, an opposition secessionist religious group and the police in a dispute over the election of provincial governors. (BBC)
- Shia insurgency in Yemen: Ten Yemeni soldiers have been killed and 20 wounded in a fresh attack on an army roadblock, a security source says. (Aljazeera)
- Palestinian factional violence: Hamas gunmen ambush a convoy carrying weapons to Mahmoud Abbas's presidential guard unit. Six Fatah members are killed, more than 70 people are wounded and 12 others are kidnapped in ensuing battles. (Ynet)
- A trial for the murder of Janelle Patton on Norfolk Island starts with the defendant pleading not guilty. The murder was the first on the island for 150 years. (BBC)
- The Enhanced Fujita Scale begins operational use. This scale measures the intensity of tornadoes based on the damage they cause in the United States.
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Ciara - Promise
- Beyonce - Irreplaceable
- You - Lloyd Featuring Lil Wayne
- I Wanna Love You - Akon Featuring Snoop Dogg
- Omarion - Ice Box
- Runaway Love - Ludacris Featuring Mary J. Blige
- Robin Thicke - Lost Without U
- Jim Jones - We Fly High
- Make It Rain - Fat Joe Featuring Lil Wayne
- Poppin' - Chris Brown Featuring Jay Biz
Top #10 Latin songs
- Sola - Hector "El Father"
- Pam Pam - Wisin & Yandel
- Tu Recuerdo - Ricky Martin Featuring La Mari De Chambao Y Tommy Torres
- Bendita Tu Luz - Mana
- Tu Amor - Luis Fonsi
- Antes De Que Te Vayas - Marco Antonio Solis
- Shorty Shorty - Xtreme
- Beyonce - Irreemplazable
- Ser O Parecer - RBD
- Dime Quien Es - Los Rieleros del Norte
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Google reported a sharp rise in both sales and profit, driven by blockbuster growth of its search-driven advertising business. [..]
A consortium of investors led by Vornado Realty Trust planned to raise its bid for Equity Office Properties Group to more than $40 billion. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $69.85
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $101.00
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $68.05
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $42.60
- 1 CAD = 1.0549 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9621 CHF
- 1 AUD = 0.9117 CAD
- 1 GBP = 2.4452 CHF
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?