Thursday 1 November 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hugh Bidwell and Aat Veldhoen.
The Trail Beyond, directed by Robert Bradbury, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 November 1934 ?
- Also see November 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States - Start of National Novel Writing Month
- World Vegan Day
- Mexico - The Day of the Dead
- Ireland - Samhain the traditional first day of Winter
- Algeria - National day
- Catholicism - Holy Day of Obligation, All Saints Day. Holiday in Austria, Belgium, Croatia, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Lithuania, Mexico, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia, Spain, Guatemala.
- Roman festivals - last day of the Ludi Victoriae Sullanae.
- Antigua and Barbuda - Independence Day (from Britain, 1981)
- Aat Veldhoen: Dutch artist.
- Hugh Bidwell: Mayor (London).
- William James Matthias: Composer.
- Umberto Agnelli: Swiss-Italian businessman and politician (d. 2004).
- Gillian Knight: English soprano and actress.
- William Mathias: Welsh pianist and composer (d. 1992).
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Solitude - Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?