Saturday 24 November 1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Daumier and Sven-Bertil Taube.
It's a Gift, directed by Norman McLeod, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Good-bye, Mr. Chips by James Hilton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 November 1934!
Which were the important events of 24 November 1934 ?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- Teacher's Day in Turkey
- Sophie Daumier: Boulogne sur Mer Actor.
- Sven-Bertil Taube
- Martin Charnin: Broadway lyricist (Annie, West Side Story).
- François Bellec: French counter-admiral, writer and painter.
- André Jondeau: French publisher, head of the Atelier publishing house.
- Wolfgang Rademann: German television producer.
- Alfred Schnittke: German-Russian journalist and composer (d. 1998).
- Claudio Prieto: Composer.
- CFL Grey Cup: Sarnia beats Regina, 20-12 at Toronto
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1934 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?