Saturday November 24, 1934
US date format: 11/24/1934, UK date format: 24/11/1934
It was Saturday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see birth chart on November 24, 1934). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Sophie Daumier and Sven-Bertil Taube.
Broadway Bill, directed by Frank Capra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
On TV people were watching Parrotville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of November 24, 1934?
- Roman festivals - in the Byzantine empire the Brumalia (a wine festival) were celebrated from this day until the winter solstice
- R.C. Saints - Saint Andrew Dung-Lac and other Vietnamese martyrs
- Also see November 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Feast Day of St. Colman - Cobh, Ireland
- See more
- CFL Grey Cup: Sarnia beats Regina, 20-12 at Toronto
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial