November 1st: What is special about this date?
November 1st marks the 305th day of the Gregorian calendar year (or the 306th in case of leap years). There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year. Discover famous birthdays on November 1st, celebrities died on this date, the zodiac sign associated to November 1st and what happened on November 1st in history. On this page we will address all your questions and curiosities about November 1st.
November 1st: what famous birthdays are on this date?
On November 1st there are the following famous birthdays:
- Jenny McCarthy (1972)
American actress, model, comedian, actor, author and anti-vaccine activist.
- Penn Badgley (1986)
- Manju Warrier (1978)
Indian dancer and actress.
- Toni Collette (1972)
Actress from Australia, seen in 1999's "Muriel’s Wedding" (1998) and "Sixth Sense ((2000).
- Tina Arena (1967)
- Natalia Tena (1984)
- Chad Lindberg (1976)
- Robert Foxworth (1941)
- Katja Riemann (1963)
German singer and actress.
- Mariya Poroshina (1973)
How to check someone's birthday?
If you’re looking for a person's birth date, have a look at our Birthday Search Guide
November 1st: who died on this date?
On November 1st the following celebrities died:
- Pier Paolo Pasolini (1975)
Italian poet / author / director, killed at 53.
- Benita Hume (1967)
Actress (Vicky Halls of Ivy), is killed at 61.
- James Broderick (1982)
American family of note, Mathew Broderick's first and only child, and Sarah Jessica Parker's son.
- Phil Silvers (1985)
Comedic actor Sergeant Bilko, who died in his sleep at 73 years old, has been identified as a comedic actor.
- George Papandreou (1968)
Greek politician and sociologist 182nd Prime Minister of Greece.
- Ricardo Rodriguez (1962)
American wrestler and ring announcer.
- Norman Krasna (1984)
American screenwriter and director producer (d. 1984).
- Christopher "Kit" Cradock (1914)
English Admiral dies in battle.
- Winter Haynes Watts (1962)
Composer dies at 78.
- Ralf Harolde (1974)
Actor (Safe, Framed, Stolen Harmony), passes away at 75.
November 1st: what zodiac sign is associated with this date?
On November 1st, the zodiac sign associated with this date is Scorpio according to the Western Zodiac.
November 1st: what happened on this date in history?
Here's what happened on November 1st in history:
- Nov 1, 2018: 2018 Pacific Typhoon Season: 15 deaths from floods and landslides caused by Typhoon Yutu, a typhoon that struck the Philippines in August 2018. One man died in Hong Kong, China. (News.com.au),
- Nov 1, 2017: Saudi Arabian-led intervention is in Yemen: According to local officials and medics, at least 26 people were killed in an airstrike by a Saudi-led coalition. The strike was carried out in Sahar District, Yemen's northern Saada Governorate.
- Nov 1, 2016: (2016). Battle of Mosul: Ravina Shamdasani, a spokeswoman for the United Nations Human Rights Council, says that ISIL militants killed 40 Iraqi Security Forces members on Saturday and then threw their bodies into the Tigris river. (Reuters) Iraqi Special Operations Forces have fought to reach the outskirts Mosul.
- Nov 1, 2015: Somali Civil War (2009-present). Islamist al Shabaab militants attacked a Mogadishu hotel, resulting in at most 12 deaths.
- Nov 1, 2014: Yemeni insurgency by al-Qaeda: Twenty soldiers and three militants were killed in clashes between security forces and al-Qaeda in Hodeidah, western Yemen.
- Nov 1, 2013: Syrian civil war: An Israeli plane strikes the Syrian coast city of Latakia with an attack on Russian-made S-125 missiles. These missiles are allegedly meant for the Lebanese militant group Hezbollah.
- Nov 1, 2012: Syrian civil war: 28 soldiers killed by rebels in an attack on military checkpoints in the northern Idlib province. This happened hours after a wave bombings struck Damascus. Five rebels were also killed in gun battles that followed the attacks.
- Nov 1, 2011: Barack Obama, President of the United States, declares Fort Monroe, Hampton, Virginia, a National Monument.
- Nov 1, 2010: Two Afghan women who work as charity workers were shot to death. They were on their way between Lashkar Gah, Garmser and a volatile area of the Helmand River Valley when they were attacked.
- Nov 1, 2009: CIT Group, a US lender, files for bankruptcy protection. It has arranged with bondholders to reduce its debt by US$10 Billion. It filed a US$71 billion worth of finance and leasing assets, with total debt of US$64.9 trillion. This makes it the fifth largest US corporate filing.
- Nov 1, 2008: 24 Vietnamese are killed by floods, including 11 from the central province Nghe An.
- Nov 1, 2007: The Swedish Mint (Swedish, Myntverket), in Eskilstuna in Sweden, loses to Rahapaja Oy from Finland in the competition to produce Swedish National Coins. This ends a 1000-year-long tradition in Sweden of minting Swedish coins.
What day of the year is November 1st?
November 1st marks the 304th day of the year in the Gregorian calendar.
There are 60 days remaining until the end of the year.
November 1st is the 1st day of the month of November.
What day of the week is November 1st, 2023?
On November 1st, 2023 the day of the week is Wednesday.
Find out what day of the week November 1st was over the years by using the below way back calendarNovember 2023 calendar November 2022 calendar November 2021 calendar November 2020 calendar November 2019 calendar November 2018 calendar November 2017 calendar November 2016 calendar November 2015 calendar November 2014 calendar November 2013 calendar November 2012 calendar November 2011 calendar November 2010 calendar November 2009 calendar November 2008 calendar November 2007 calendar November 2006 calendar November 2005 calendar November 2004 calendar November 2003 calendar November 2002 calendar November 2001 calendar November 2000 calendar November 1999 calendar November 1998 calendar November 1997 calendar November 1996 calendar November 1995 calendar November 1994 calendar