Monday 1 October 1934
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Fredrik Torgersen and Emilio Botín.
The Gay Divorcee, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
On TV people were watching Parrotville.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 October 1934
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 October 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 October 1934 ?
- Singapore - Children's Day
- Also see October 1 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- World Vegetarian Day
- French Republican Calendar - Cuve (Barrel) Day, tenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Tuvalu - Independence Day (from Gilbert Islands (Kiribati), 1975)
- San Marino - two Captains Regent, elected by parliament, take office for six months.
- Nigeria - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- People's Republic of China - National Day (1949)
- RC Church - Feast days of Saint ThTrFse de Lisieux; formerly of Saint Bavo and Saint Remigius
- Republic of Cyprus - Independence Day (from Britain, 1960)
- Fredrik Torgersen: Norwegian man convicted of murder in 1958 in a much-debated case, and released from prison in 1974.
- Emilio Botín: Spanish banker and businessman (d. 2014).
- Geoff Stephens: English songwriter and producer.
- Adolph Hitler expands German army and navy and creates an air force, violating Treaty of Versailles