Friday August 2, 1985
This day in 30 sec.
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 2, 1985). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harry Smith (wrester) and Jimmy Briand.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Shout by Tears For Fears.
In UK Frankie by Sister Sledge was in the top 5 hits.
Year of the Dragon, directed by Michael Cimino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while Breaking With Moscow by Arkady N. Shevchenko was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Stingray.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Rats or Macadam Bumper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 August 1985
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1985!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1985 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Harry Smith (wrester)
- Jimmy Briand: French association football (soccer) player who currently plays for Hannover 96 in the Bundesliga.
- Chase Armitage
- Antoinette Nana Djimou
- David Smith: Canadian wrestler.
- Stephen Ferris: Irish rugby player.
- Britt Nicole: American Christian pop vocalist.
- Harry Smith: Canadian professional wrestler.
- Frank Faylen: vaudevillian, dies at age 79 of pneumonia.
- 5 die in a train crash in Westminster, Colorado
- Delta Lockheed L-1011 crashes at Dallas-Ft Worth Airport, 137 die
- Delta Air Lines Flight 191, a Lockheed L-1011 TriStar crashes at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport killing 137.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in August 1985?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Tears For Fears - Shout
- Paul Young - Everytime You Go Away
- Sting - If You Love Somebody Set Them Free
- Whitney Houston - You Give Good Love
- Bruce Springsteen - Glory Days
- Corey Hart - Never Surrender
- Huey Lewis & The News - Power Of Love
- Night Ranger - Sentimental Street
- The Power Station - Get It On (Bang A Gong)
- DeBarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
Top #10 R&B songs
- Aretha Franklin - Freeway Of Love
- Debarge - Who's Holding Donna Now
- Cameo - Attack Me With Your Love
- Rene & Angela - Save Your Love (For #1)
- Luther Vandross - It's Over Now
- I Wonder If I Take You Home - Lisa Lisa And Clult Jam With Full Force
- Rick James - Glow
- Freddie Jackson - Rock Me Tonight (For Old Times Sake)
- Patti LaBelle - Stir It Up
- Loose Ends - Hangin' On A String
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?