Tuesday 2 August 1966
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rosalie van Breemen and Tim Wakefield.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Wild Thing by The Troggs.
In UK With A Girl Like You by Troggs was in the top 5 hits.
This Property Is Condemned, directed by Sydney Pollack, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1966
while The Kremlin Letter by Noel Behn was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Informer.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyborg 009.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1966!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 2 August 1966 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Rosalie van Breemen
- Tim Wakefield: Melbourne, Florida -- Pitcher (Boston Red Sox).
- Joseph Wanag: Wilson, Connecticut -- US judoka (1992 Olympics).
- Takayuki Iizuka: Japanese professional wrestler.
- MV Sridhar: Indian cricketer.
- Takashi Iizuka: Japanese wrestler.
- Radio Vila (New Hebrides) begins transmitting
- The Spanish government forbids overflights of British military aircraft.
- Groundbreaking takes place for the World Trade Center.
- Martin Luther King Jr. leads a civil rights march in Chicago, during which he is struck by a rock thrown from an angry white mob.
- Caesars Palace hotel and casino opens in Las Vegas.
- The Beatles release the legendary ''Revolver'' album in the United Kingdom.
- Braniff Airlines Flight 250 crashes in Falls City, Nebraska, killing all 42 on board.
- Rene Barrientos takes office as the president of Bolivia.
- The Salazar Bridge (now the 25 de Abril Bridge) opens in Lisbon, Portugal.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1966 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Troggs - Wild Thing
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Lil' Red Riding Hood
- The Lovin' Spoonful - Summer In The City
- Crispian St. Peters - The Pied Piper
- Napoleon XIV - They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha-Haaa!
- The Mamas and The Papas - I Saw Her Again
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Hanky Panky
- Tommy Roe - Sweet Pea
- The Rolling Stones - Mothers Little Helper
- Ray Conniff - Somewhere, My Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?