Saturday 2 February 1980
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Radric Davis and Angela Finger-Erben.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Rock With You by Michael Jackson.
In UK Brass In Pocket by The Pretenders was in the top 5 hits.
The Fog, directed by John Carpenter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1980
while Smiley'S People by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching God's Wonderful Railway.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Targ or Time Traveler.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1980!
Which were the important events of 2 February 1980 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Radric Davis: American rapper.
- Angela Finger-Erben: German television presenter.
- Teddy Hart: Actor (3 Men on a Horse), dies at 73.
- Oleguer Presas: Spanish football player.
- (to February 3) New Mexico State Penitentiary inmates riot; 33 are killed and more than 100 injured.
- FBI releases details of Abscam, a sting operation that targeted 31 elected and public officials for bribes for political favors.
- February 3 ampndash The New Mexico State Penitentiary Riot takes place 33 inmates are killed and more than 100 inmates injured.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1980 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Jackson - Rock With You
- Captain and Tennille - Do That To Me One More Time
- Kenny Rogers - Coward Of The County
- Smokey Robinson - Cruisin'
- Queen - Crazy Little Thing Called Love
- Rupert Holmes - Escape (The Pina Colada Song)
- Fleetwood Mac - Sara
- Eagles - The Long Run
- Teri DeSario - Yes, I'm Ready
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers - Don't Do Me Like That
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?