Tuesday 2 February 2010
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to TiK ToK by Ke$ha.
Valentine's Day, directed by Garry Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2010
while Impact by Douglas Preston was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pretty the Series.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Alpha Protocol or Dark Void Zero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 2010!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 2010 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 February
- Russia and Ukraine accuse each other of espionage, while the latter detains one Russian and expels four others. (''Kyiv Post'')
- A hearing whether to repeal the Don't Ask, Don't Tell policy is held in the United States allowing the possibility of openly gay people to become active-duty members of the United States armed forces. ( BBC)
- The World Food Programme announces the number of hungry people in Sudan has quadrupled since August 2009 to 4.3 million. (''Taiwan News'')
- China says that relations will be undermined if U.S. President Barack Obama meets the Dalai Lama. (CBC)
- ''The Lancet'' medical journal issues a full retraction of a paper that caused a 12-year international controversy over alleged links between the MMR vaccine and autism. (Reuters)
- Finance Minister of Germany Wolfgang Schaeuble says that the German government will buy stolen information on Swiss bank accounts, offered in a CD that contained 1,500 names in exchange for 2.5nbspmillion euros, to pursue tax evasion. (Bloomberg)
- Nominations for the 82nd Academy Awards are announced. ''Avatar'' and ''The Hurt Locker'' lead the way with nine nominations each, and are both among ten nominees for Best Picture, the first time more than five films have been up for consideration since 1943. (CNN)
- Paul Volcker testifies before the Banking Committee of the United States Senate about the so-called ampquotVolcker rule,ampquot an administration proposal to separate banks from hedge funds and have them close down their risk-taking prop desks. (L.A. Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2010 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 2 February 2010
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Mechelen - Germinal : 1 - 0
ChampionshipFootball (United Kingdom)
- Preston - Barnsley : 1 - 4
- Watford - Sheffield United : 3 - 0
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Histon - York : 1 - 1
- Wrexham - Mansfield : 2 - 1
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Livingston - Queens Park : 2 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?