Friday 2 February 1979
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sandy Casar and Mayer Hawthorne.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Le Freak by Chic.
In UK YMCA by The Village People was in the top 5 hits.
The Warriors, directed by Walter Hill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Sixth Commandment by Lawrence Sanders was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching You Can't Do That on Television.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Adventure or Deep Scan.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 February 1979!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 2 February 1979 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Veja Diena observed.
- St. Adelbald
- Catholicism - Candlemas, The Presentation of the Lord, The Purification of the Blessed Virgin Mary, World Day for Consecrated Life (also February 3 in the United States).
- United States and Canada - Groundhog Day.
- Scotland - A quarter day in the Christian calendar (due to Candlemas).
- Paganism - Imbolc (in northern hemisphere), Lughnasadh (in southern hemisphere).
- Czech Republic - Hromnice.
- St. Cornelius
- France - CrOpe Day.
- Sandy Casar: French racing cyclist, who competed as a professional between 2000 and 2013, all for the Française des Jeux team.
- Mayer Hawthorne
- Christine Bleakley: TV Show Host.
- Lindsay Langston in Modesto: California; archer (Olympics-1996).
- Fani Chalkia: Greek hurdler.
- Irini Terzoglou: Greek shot putter.
- Shamita Shetty: Indian actress.
- Gloria Bellicchi: Italian beauty queen, voted Miss Italy 1998.
- David Paisley: British actor, especially well known for roles as midwife Ben Saunders in "Holby City," Ryan Taylor in "Tinsel Town" and most recently Rory Murdoch in "River City.
- Urmo Aava: Estonian race car driver.
- Klaus Mainzer: German rugby player.
- Brandee Dawn: McCoskey; Miss Alaska Teen-USA (1996).
- Petra Cada in Prague: Czechoslovakia; Canadian table tennis player (Olympics-1996).
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?