Friday 2 January 1976
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Mahee Paiement and Cletidus Hunt.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Saturday Night by Bay City Rollers.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Winning Through Intimidation by Robert J. Ringer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching When the Boat Comes In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Night Driver or Starship 1.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1976!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1976 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- The Staple Singers - Let's Do It Again
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- Silver Convention - Fly, Robin, Fly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?