Tuesday 6 January 1976, Epiphany
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jeremy Linn and Agnieszka Zielinska.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Convoy by C. W. McCall.
In UK Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen was in the top 5 hits.
Barry Lyndon, directed by Stanley Kubrick, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Sleeping Murder by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching When the Boat Comes In.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Amazing Maze Game or Sea Wolf.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 January 1976 ?
- Epiphany (National Holiday) in Italy
- Christianity (except Eastern and Oriental Orthodox who follow the Julian Calendar) - Epiphany of the Lord (a.k.a. "Twelfth Day of Christmas" and Three Kings Day in some areas).
- In the Irish Calendar- Little Christmas or Nollaig na mBan (Women's Christmas) and/or Twelfth Day.
- Twelfth Night, or The Lord of Misrule
- Rastafari movement - Celebration of the ceremonial birthday of Haile Selassie
- Ancient Latvia - Zvaigznes Diena observed
- Armenian Christmas (except in the Holy Land where it's on January 18th - old calendar)
- Jeremy Linn: United States -- 100m breaststroke (1996 Olympics - Silver / Gold Medalist).
- Agnieszka Zielinska: Miss Poland-Universe (1997).
- Danny Pintauro in Milltown: New Jersey; actor (Jonathan - Who's The Boss?).
- Lu Yi: Chinese actor.
- Johnny Yong Bosch: American actor, and musician.
- Daniel Tynell: Swedish cross-country skier
- Danny Pintauro: American actor seen as young Jonathan on the TV sitcom "Who's The Boss?"
- Judith Rakers: German journalist and television presenter.
- Johnny Bosch: TV Actor
- Richard Zedník: Slovak ice hockey player
- Ted Turner purchases Atlanta Braves for reported $12 million.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- C. W. McCall - Convoy
- Barry Manilow - I Write The Songs
- Diana Ross - Theme From Mahogany (Do You Know Where You're Going To)
- Ohio Players - Love Rollercoaster
- Bay City Rollers - Saturday Night
- Sweet - Fox On The Run
- The O'Jays - I Love Music (Part 1)
- K.C and the Sunshine Band - That's The Way (I Like It)
- Donna Summer - Love To Love You Baby
- Paul Anka - Times Of Your Life
Search For Your Ancestors
Celebrate 6 January 1976 with a precious gift
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?