Sunday 2 January 1977
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ales Pisa and Scott Proctor.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright) by Rod Stewart.
In UK Don't Give Up On Us by David Soul was in the top 5 hits.
The Sentinel, directed by Michael Winner, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1977
while Trinity by Leon Uris was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Marija.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Video Olympics or Zork.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1977!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1977 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Ales Pisa: Czech ice hockey player.
- Scott Proctor: American baseball player.
- Nikos Soultanidis: Greek footballer.
- Christophe Beaugrand: French journalist and TV presenter, he began on LCI channel, went on Canal Plus, and then TF1.
- Brian Boucher: American ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Bowie Kuhn suspends Atlanta Braves' owner Ted Turner for one year due to tampering charges in Gary Matthews free-agency signing.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1977
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1977 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Rod Stewart - Tonight's The Night (Gonna Be Alright)
- Marilyn McCoo & Billy Davis Jr. - You Don't Have To Be A Star (To Be In My Show)
- Spinners - The Rubberband Man
- Leo Sayer - You Make Me Feel Like Dancing
- Boston - More Than A Feeling
- Elton John - Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word
- Stevie Wonder - I Wish
- Brick - Dazz
- Rose Royce - Car Wash
- Engelbert Humperdinck - After The Lovin'
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?