Saturday 2 January 1982
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmad Givens and Gippy Grewal.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK Don't You Want Me by The Human League was in the top 5 hits.
Neighbors, directed by John G. Avildsen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while An Indecent Obsession by Colleen McCullough was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Price iz radionice.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Azurian Attack or Salmon Run.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 January 1982!
Which were the important events of 2 January 1982 ?
- New Zealand ? Statutory holiday, Second day of New Year.
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day.
- Slovenia ? Second day of New Year.
- Scotland ? Second day of the Hogmanay Bank Holiday.
- Catholicism and Anglicanism ? Feast day of St. Basil the Great and Gregory Nazianzen.
- The eighth day of Christmas (and ninth night of same) in Western Christianity.
- Science Fiction Day
- Ahmad Givens: Reality Star.
- Gippy Grewal: World Music Singer.
- Athanasia Tsoumeleka: Greek race walker.
- Camelot closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 48 performances
- Islanders start 23 undefeated home streak (21-0-2) 14 straight wins
- SD Chargers beat Miami Dolphins, 41-38 in 13:52 of OT
- 70th Australian Mens Tennis: Johan Kriek beats S Denton (6-2, 7-6, 6-7, 6-4).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 January 1982
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Rod Stewart - Young Turks
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Diana Ross - Why Do Fools Fall In Love
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- Journey - Don't Stop Believin'
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?