Thursday 21 January 1982
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicolas Mahut and Simon Rolfes.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Physical by Olivia Newton-John.
In UK The Land Of Make Believe by Bucks Fizz was in the top 5 hits.
Immagini di un convento, directed by Joe D'Amato, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while A Light In The Attic by Shel Silverstein was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Ramón y Cajal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Megamania or Donkey Kong Jr..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 January 1982!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 21 January 1982 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Nicolas Mahut: French tennis player who played in the longest tennis match to date at Wimbledon in June 2010.
- Simon Rolfes: German footballer.
- Go Shiozaki: Japanese professional wrestler.
- Dean Whitehead: English footballer.
- New York Islanders begin then NHL record 15 game winning streak
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Olivia Newton-John - Physical
- Foreigner - Waiting For A Girl Like You
- The J. Geils Band - Centerfold
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
- Quarterflash - Harden My Heart
- Stevie Nicks - Leather And Lace
- George Benson - Turn Your Love Around
- Earth, Wind & Fire - Let's Groove
- Lindsey Buckingham - Trouble
- Juice Newton - The Sweetest Thing (I've Ever Known)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?