Saturday 22 December 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 22, 1945). The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Diane Sawyer and Gérard Filoche.
Scarlet Street, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
On TV people were watching Choreotones.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 December 1945
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 December 1945!
Which were the important events of 22 December 1945 ?
- R.C. Saints - commemoration of Frances Xavier Cabrini
- Spain: the main draw of Spanish National Lottery, where it is a Christmas tradition.
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Capricorn
- In the Northern Hemisphere, the winter solstice occurs on or very close to this date. In the Southern Hemisphere, the summer solstice occurs around this time.
- Also see December 22 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Japan - T?ji (winter solstice)
- Diane Sawyer: News Anchor.
- Gérard Filoche
- Diane Sawyer in Glasgow: Kentucky, USA; newscaster (60 Minutes, ABC Prime Time).
- Joris J C Voorhoeve Dutch Defense minister (1994-: VVD).
- Sibrand Schepel: Dutch physician, a plastic surgeon who specializes in sex-change operations.
- Frances Lannon: English historian and academic.
- Otto Neurath: Austrian sociologist and philosopher (d. 1945).