Saturday 2 June 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Darnell Coles and Laura Witvoet.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Nut Rocker by B Bumble & The Stingers was in the top 5 hits.
Advise & Consent, directed by Otto Preminger, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Big Pull.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 2 June 1962 ?
- Italy's Festa della Repubblica (Republic Day), which commemorates the birth of the Repubblica Italiana and the end of the monarchy.
- Shavuoth (Judaism) (2006).
- Xenia name day in Slovakia.
- The Greek Orthodox Church commemorates Saint Nicephorus' death - see also March 13.
- Darnell Coles: Baseball player.
- Laura Witvoet: Alberta, Canada -- LPGA golfer (1995 LPGA Corning-52nd).
- Denis Baupin: French politician, the Deputy Mayor of the City of Paris, where, as an elected member of the city council, he represents Europe Écologie–The Greens.
- Ian Shaw: British singer and pianist known for his inventive ability to improvise, unequaled in the contemporary jazz scene.
- Mark Plaatjes: South African-American runner and coach.
- 32nd French Mens Tennis: Rod Laver beats Roy Emerson (36 26 63 97 62)
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 June 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Dee Dee Sharp - Mashed Potato Time
- Brenda Lee - Everybody Loves Me But You
- Ernie Maresca - Shout! Shout! (Knock Yourself Out)
- Walter Brennan - Old Rivers
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?