Saturday 23 June 1962
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Billy Wirth and Chuck Billy (vocalist).
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Boccaccio '70, directed by Vittorio De Sica, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Calories Don'T Count by Herman Taller was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Sir Francis Drake.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 June 1962!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 23 June 1962 ?
- J??i (L?go) - Latvia
- Saint Jonas Day - Lithuania
- The Happiest day of the year is June 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- National holiday - Luxembourg
- Midsummer's Eve, Christianized the eve of the feast of Saint John the Baptist, is celebrated in much of Northern Europe and the British Islands
- Victory Day - Estonia
- Father's Day - Poland
- Billy Wirth
- Chuck Billy (vocalist)
- Steve Shelley: American drummer and producer (The Crucifucks Sonic Youth Dim Stars and Disappears).
- Kevin Yagher: American special effects technician.
- Paul LaGreca: Bronx, New York -- Actor (Big Trouble).
- Chuck Billy: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (Testament and Dublin Death Patrol).
- Kari Takko: Finnish ice hockey player and scout.
- Subways Are after Sleeping closes at St. James NYC after 205 performances
- Laos Suvanna Phuma forms government
- Larry Doby, retires from Cleveland Indians to play in Japan
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Johnny Crawford - Cindy's Birthday
- The Everly Brothers - That's Old Fashioned (That's The Way Love Should Be)
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?