Friday 8 June 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Bourque and Jean-Luc Nélias.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
That Touch of Mink, directed by Delbert Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship Of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard the Lionheart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1962 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Phil Bourque: American pro hockey player and sports commentator, he played with the Pittsburgh Penguins for several seasons.
- Jean-Luc Nélias: French sailor, a professional skipper who has won several races including Tour de France à la voile (1999), Tour de Bretagne (1999), Mini-Fastnet (1993), Tour de l’Europe (1989, 1993), and Québec-Saint Malo (1988).
- Nick Rhodes: English musician, best known as the founding member and keyboardist of the pop rock band Duran Duran.
- John Gibbons: American baseball player and manager.
- Andreas Keim: German footballer.
- Kristine W: American singer-songwriter and producer
- Jim Beatty runs world record 2 mile (8:29.8)
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- The Shirelles - Soldier Boy
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?