Tuesday 12 June 1962
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Link in Provo and John Enos III.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to I Can't Stop Loving You by Ray Charles.
In UK Good Luck Charm by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Hatari!, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Mirror, Mirror On The Wall by Gayelord Hauser was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Richard the Lionheart.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1962!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1962 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Michael Link in Provo: Utah, USA; actor (Earl - Julia).
- John Enos III: American actor.
- Paul Clark: English keyboard player (The Bolshoi).
- John Enos: American actor.
- 3 convicts used spoons to dig their way out of Alcatraz
- Laos Prince Souvanna Phouma forms coalition government
- USAF Maj Robert M White takes X-15 to 56,270 m
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Ray Charles - I Can't Stop Loving You
- Mr. Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Johnny Tillotson - It Keeps Right On A-Hurtin'
- Gene Pitney - (The Man Who Shot) Liberty Valance
- Freddy Cannon - Palisades Park
- Dion - Lovers Who Wander
- Connie Francis - Second Hand Love
- David Rose and His Orchestra - The Stripper
- The Marvelettes - Playboy
- Mary Wells - The One Who Really Loves You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?