Monday 2 September 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jim Moody and D Wayne Lukas.
Top Hat, directed by Mark Sandrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Green Light by Lloyd C. Douglas was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1935 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Jim Moody: (Rep-D-Wisconsin, 1983- ).
- D Wayne Lukas: American horse trainer.
- Marc Augé: French anthropologist.
- D Lukas: American entrepreneur, horse trainer, owner and racer who originally started as a high school teacher and basketball coach.
- Gordon Massa: American baseball player, a right-throwing/left-batting catcher with the Chicago Cubs in 1957 and 1958.
- A hurricane slams the Florida Keys killing 423.
- Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: a large hurricane hits the Florida Keys killing 423.
- Labor Day Hurricane of 1935: The strongest hurricane ever to strike the United States landfalls in the Upper Florida Keys as a Category 5 storm with 185ampnbspmph winds, killing 423.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?