Sunday 2 September 1934
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Sahl and Grady Nutt.
Chained, directed by Clarence Brown, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
while Lamb in His Bosom by Caroline Miller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1934!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1934 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Michael Sahl: Composer.
- Grady Nutt: Southern Baptist minister, humorist, television personality, and author.
- Sam Gooden: American singer (The Impressions).
- Chuck McCann: American actor and screenwriter.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?