Monday 16 September 1935
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Gherman Titov and Esther Vilar.
The Return of Peter Grimm, directed by George Nichols Jr., was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
while Vein of Iron by Ellen Glasgow was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 1935!
Which were the important events of 16 September 1935 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Gherman Titov
- Esther Vilar: Argentinian-German author and playwright.
- Carl Andre: US sculptor (minimal / conceptual art).
- Billy Arnold: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Jules Bass: American author, producer, director and composer.
- Bob Kiley: American public transit specialist.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?